Directfb Xorg server

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sun May 28 13:11:28 PDT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 04:53, Mike Emmel wrote:
> There is and inital port of the directfb Xorg server is really rough
> and not documented but
> it worked for me serveral people are intrested in looking at the code
> even it its current condition.
>
> It is located at.
>
> http://forjamari.linex.org/scm/?group_id=54

Just got a chance to look at this today, and it seems mostly straightforward.
For reference, I'm referring to:
http://forjamari.linex.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/X11/xorg.patch?rev=1.5,cvsroot=futura

Overall it looks like the only big issue is that the way the patch is done
currently, you can't build the dfb ddx at the same time as any other ddx.
Disabling building Composite/XF86VidMode/XF86Misc isn't going to be
acceptable, nor is the -DMAIN=x11_main trick.  I'd have to look at the dfb
ddx closer to figure out what to do there.

I'm not sure what the changes to dix/window.c and dix/dispatch.c are intended
to do, but they certainly look intentional.  Can you clarify them?

The changes to miext/rootless look fine though, I'd be happy to merge them if
you think they're ready.

- ajax