PCI-E card with two dvi outputs with FOSS drivers

Mark Baker mark at usefree.org
Sat May 27 08:21:02 PDT 2006

--- Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting fed up waiting for support to the
> external TMDS of my X700
> desktop PCIE card (besides its stability under that
> other OS is not that
> great).
>
> So I'm shopping again for a PCI-E card with the
> following features :
> 1. two dvi outputs
> 2. passive cooling
> 3. 2D FOSS drivers (not vesa, I have a 1680x1050
> LCD)
> 4. optional (but nice) features to have :
>    a. 3D FOSS drivers
>    b. dual DVI
>    c. HDCP support

You might look into the OpenGraphics card. Its
developers seek to build a graphics/video card whose
internal design (chip features) are fully documented.
The open specifications will allow developers to write
FOSS drivers for GNU/Linux:

http://www.OpenGraphics.org

It is currently in development stage, but they've
released a draft schema of the card [1] and the PCB
layers [2]. If anyone is interested in helping out,
please join the OpenGraphics mailinglist [3].

[1] http://natsuki.kinali.ch/OGD1_Schematic_RevA.pdf
[2] http://www.traversaltech.com/OGD1_index.html