PCI-E card with two dvi outputs with FOSS drivers

Sat May 27 05:26:39 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 14:14 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le samedi 27 mai 2006 à 13:46 +0200, Erwin Rol a écrit :
>
> > Would the ATI FireMV 2200 PCIe work ? I got a FireMV 2400 PCI, and use
> > it with 4 VGA outputs, and it seems to work OK with the FOSS driver in
> > Xorg 7.0. Of course the chip is a M9 so not that fast.
>
> The price on this beast makes even gamer cards seem cheap :(

Yeah its not really thought for normal desktop use.

> And I do need some 3D perf when I boot on that other OS, so it's a
> no-go.

Yeah 3D won't be to great on it, but my old M7 notebook chip is still
faster with 3D than my new desktop IGP, simply because one has a FOSS 3D
driver and the other doesn't.

Hello ATI, nVidea do FOSS developers really first have to buy a PCI(e)
bus analyzer before there will be any usable drivers for your cards that
I (and others) pay you money for ?

- Erwin