changing defaults for xdm

Fri May 26 10:10:06 PDT 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I'd like to change some of these defaults starting with the chooser
> (binary to bin directory)

Nothing but xdm uses the chooser, and no user runs it directly,
so why should it be in a general bin directory?   (It's really a libexec
sort of thing for those who make such a distinction.)

> In fact, maybe the pixmaps directory should be $(datadir)/share/pixmaps to
> be consistent with more software. (I can adjust xserver to use same also.)

$(datadir)/share/pixmaps makes more sense than putting them in the include
directory - they were put in ${XDMLIBDIR} because they are pixmaps for the
use of xdm, not general use icons that other programs were expected to include
like the xbms in includedir/X11/bitmaps.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com