ATI Mobility X1400

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Fri May 26 09:15:08 PDT 2006

Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>  Sorry, it's me again asking about the ATI Mobility X1400 chip this time.
>
>  How well is this chip supported by X.org 7.1? Does it work in "dual
>  mode" (output on internal LCD and external VGA)? Is 3D/GLX/EXA/etc.
>  supported?
>
>  I read on the ATI website that recent versions of the binary driver
>  support this chip but I also found a couple of blog entries and forum
>  posts that said the opposite. Before I buy a notebook (ThinkPad T60)
>  that has this chip I need to make sure that I can do presentations with
>  it, for instance.
This chip is not supported at all with X.org 7.1. You can use it with
vesa fb driver if you want.
ATI's proprietary fglrx driver should support it (since about 2 months
or so), including 3d support, however fglrx does currently not run with
xorg 7.1, only up to 7.0. Supposedly ATI will release a driver for 7.1
sometime in the future.

Roland