detecting # of monitors on dualhead gfx card

Andy Ritger aritger at nvidia.com
Wed May 24 14:42:49 PDT 2006

The libnvidia-cfg library and the NVIDIA X driver both query
information like connected display devices through the NVIDIA
kernel module.  The details of the communication between the kernel
module and the user-space driver components can change from release
to release; libnvidia-cfg is meant to abstract those differences
and provide a consistent interface to be used by nvidia-xconfig
and anyone else who wants to use it.

Unfortunately, I do not believe it is possible to get libnvidia-cfg
working with older NVIDIA drivers.

Probably the best course of action is to work with NVIDIA to resolve
the PDR and PBO issues you are seeing.  If you haven't already done so,
contact the linux-bugs email alias and provide information on how
we can reproduce and investigate the problem.

Thanks,
- Andy