MIT magic cookie protocol

Andre Charbonneau andre.charbonneau at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed May 24 11:45:44 PDT 2006

Greetings,

I'm currently trying to implement x11 auth spoofing into a Java
implementation of a SSH client and I've been searching for some
documentation about the MIT magic cookie protocol and how to implement
it on the client side but I couldn't find anything that talked about
this.  Basically, I have the SSH message that I think contains the magic
cookie on the client side, but I don't know the structure of the binary
message hence I can't extract the field that contains the fake cookie
from it and replace it with the real cookie value.

Anyone has an idea where I can find such information?

Thanks,
	Andre
--
Andre Charbonneau