dual head but no dual mouse?, fedora 3

sara lidgey slidgey at yahoo.ca
Tue May 23 09:53:07 PDT 2006

                                Hi All,

This is a user support question but I can't find an xorg user mailing list so here goes:
 I have a working dual head setup on my fedora core 3 machine.  Both displays show exactly the same thing, which is what I want.  The problem is that the mouse only shows up on one monitor.  Does anyone know how to get the mouse on both?

 Here is my xorg.conf:

 Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Multihead layout"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option       "Xinerama" "on"
    Option       "Clone" "off"
    Option       "Rotate" "CW"
 EndSection

 Section "Files"

 # RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
 # file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
 # no need to change the default.
 # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
 # By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
 # the X server to render fonts.
    RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
    FontPath     "unix/:7100"
 EndSection

 Section "Module"
    Load  "wacom"
    Load  "dbe"
    Load  "extmod"
    Load  "fbdevhw"
    Load  "glx"
    Load  "record"
    Load  "freetype"
    Load  "type1"
    Load  "dri"
 EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"

 # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
 #   Option   "Xleds"      "1 2 3"
 # To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
 #   Option   "XkbDisable"
 # To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
 # lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
 # keyboard, you will probably want to use:
 #   Option   "XkbModel"   "pc102"
 # If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
 #   Option   "XkbModel"   "microsoft"
 #
 # Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
 # For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
 #   Option   "XkbLayout"   "de"
 # or:
 #   Option   "XkbLayout"   "de"
 #   Option   "XkbVariant"   "nodeadkeys"
 #
 # If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
 # control keys, use:
 #   Option   "XkbOptions"   "ctrl:swapcaps"
 # Or if you just want both to be control, use:
 #   Option   "XkbOptions"   "ctrl:nocaps"
 #
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option       "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option       "XkbLayout" "us"
 EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option       "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
 EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "MouseUSB"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option       "Protocol" "imps/2"
    Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option       "Emulate3Buttons"
 # Adds support for wheel
    Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
 EndSection

 Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "BENQ V772"
         DisplaySize  310        230
         HorizSync    30.0 - 72.0
         VertRefresh  50.0 - 120.0
         Option      "dpms"
 EndSection

 Section "Monitor"
          Identifier   "Monitor1"
         VendorName   "Sony"
         ModelName    "Sony CPD-15SX1"
         HorizSync    30.0 - 65.0
         VertRefresh  50.0 - 120.0
         Option      "dpms"
 EndSection

 Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce"
 EndSection

 Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard1"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"
    BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
    Screen      1
 EndSection

 Section "Screen"