Touchscreen on Panasonic CF-18

John R. johnr at wowway.com
Sat May 20 09:33:46 PDT 2006

Thanks for the feedback...

I hacked at the kernel source (drivers/input/mouse/lifebook.c) in order
do get the touchscreen seen as a touchscreen by the input system.  My
shotgun approach also made the touchpad act like a touchscreen.  With
this change, X was able to work with the touchscreen.  I tried evtouch,
evdev, fpit and maybe another Driver.  They all acted generally the
same.  Issues I had maybe were due to lack of calibration.

Maybe someone who knows what they are doing and has an interest in this
could come up with the right solution.  I would be willing to give an
implementation a try if someone could pass on the approach needed to
have only one of two built-in pointing devices seen as a specific kind
of pointing device.  The lifebook.c code uses DMI information to
determine the model of laptop.  More granularity is needed.  Maybe there
is a way to take action on something like the "Phys=" entry in
/proc/bus/input/devices.

John