Xgl TwinView

Paul Tarjan spam at paulisageek.com
Thu May 18 17:18:15 PDT 2006

Well, with Kalle Last's recomendation I found Quinn's repository for
Xgl ubuntu packages.

Here are the forums: http://compiz.net/
And the repository: (put this in your /etc/apt/sources.list) deb
http://xgl.compiz.info/ dapper main

The version of Xgl that I'm using is 7.0.0-0ubuntu23. The TwinView
stuff works beautifully! :) Who says you can't have dual monitors with
Xgl :) It is xinerama aware and maximize only goes to a single
monitor.

The only problem I have seen is that the resize operation from compiz
is very CPU intensive now. I don't know if that is a result of my Xgl
update or my compiz update. I'm running compiz 0.0.10-0ubuntu14.

Thanks for your help, and I hope you put some of these changes into
the main Xgl code so that people with multiple monitors can enjoy it
too.

Paul Tarjan