Trying to build a driver for Imagine-128

Tom May xtom at tommay.net
Wed May 17 16:19:34 PDT 2006

Tom May <xtom at tommay.net> writes:

> But building the latest driver/server code from cvs is not easy.
>
> I got the latest code from cvs, installed all the latest auto tools
> and everything else I seemed to need, ran:
>
> CFLAGS="-O0 -g3 -pipe" util/modular/build.sh -n -d ~/xorg
>
> and after a few rounds of installing more packages, and starting over
> from a clean slate several times, I ended up stuck at the following
> errors:

Is it even supposed to be possible to build from cvs?  I followed the
instructions at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide, but no
luck.  I.e.,

$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg login
CVS password: <hit return>
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg co app data doc driver font lib proto util xserver

Then (I don't care about Mesa at the moment, so no -m):

CFLAGS="-O0 -g3 -pipe" util/modular/build.sh -n -d ~/xorg

I could try the instructions in the section "Building, installing and
packaging the module components" I guess.

Tom.