[Xorg]Bug with fglrx driver for ATI Radeon X300 SE (RV370) video card

Daniel Moyne dmoyne at tiscali.fr
Mon May 15 00:27:48 PDT 2006

Here are some information on my DRI problem on the following hardware :

machine : x86_64 (AMD 64 bits)
ATI Radeon X300 SE (RV370) video card

a) distribution : Dapper Drake LTS 64 bits

kernel : 2.6.15-22-amd64-k8

I am using "fglrx" driver for my video card ATI Radeon X300 as "ati" driver
has never worked

- when using "fgl_glxgears" I collect the following error message as the app
is crashing :

"Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
Exception en point flottant"

- when using "glxinfo" I get the following :

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:

- when using "glxgears" the video animation is apparently running well until
an unexpected interruption freezes the display for a very short while before
the display resumes normal behaviour and then freezing display problem back !

b) distribution :  Breezy 64 bits
kernel : 2.6.12-10-amd64-k8
and also with the "fglrx" driver which in this case is using an old "libdri.a"
library as recommended by a user (on Dapper Drake LTS it is using "libdri.so"
which might have a link to the bug ?).

In both cases my "xorg.conf" has theses lines :

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon X300 SE (RV370)"
        Driver          "fglrx"
        Option          "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
        Option          "KernelModuleParm" "agplock=0"
        BusID           "PCI:5:0:0"
EndSection

That is basically all I can tell for the time being ; any idea to get a fix ?
Thanks.

Regards.
--
               kernel 2.6.12-10-amd64-k8  / --- \