State of the archive

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Wed May 10 01:49:54 PDT 2006

Alan Coopersmith writes:

 > Right, but if we refuse to host the packages on ftp.x.org and insist that
 > everyone go to xorg.freedesktop.org instead, then what purpose does ftp.x.org
 > serve?   (I think we are approaching violent agreement, just different
 > wording.)

Right, I fully agree. I'm sorry if it sounded like I'm advocate to refuxe to
host packages on ftp.x.org. Really the opposite is true. Instead of creating
more and more obstacles we should get moving on this.
Plenty of good reasons have been brought forward here.
And the actual goal of this discussion was to get more feedback on what
else should happen to the machines which are presently rather idle.

Cheers,
	Egbert.