X coding style

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon May 8 07:04:26 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 20:25, Ian Romanick wrote:
> Many large open-source projects document what their coding style
> guidelines are and what the rationale behind them is.  No such document
> exists for X.org, but I strong believe that one should.  At the very
> least a set of basic naming conventions (e.g., functions with these
> attributes should be named xorgFoo) and a set of indent flags should be
> documented.

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodingStyle

Documents the dominant existing style, and links to the xfree86 CODING doc
which includes indent flags.  (Apparently I last touched that in October!  I
thought it was much more recent.)

But if you want the brief summary, it's K&R, and the rationale is that it's
_the_ common style.

- ajax