XRecord + XcreateWindowRequest

kaushik zadoo kaushik_zadoo at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 12:25:50 PDT 2006

I am stuck at a very crucial point..Is there any way i can record the
 clients request to create a window...and get the co-ordinates, width and
 height of the new window, the client requests to make...

 I am using XRecord extension functions for recording purpose.
 There is a struct xCreateWinReq in XProto.h, but i get a very
 vague data on using it....May be i am missing some thing or some concept is
 not clear...Here is one sample output that i am getting

 "Request from Client Create Window:-100:-100:1:1"
  here i am getting that client wants to make wimdow at x = -100, y = -100
  height = 1 width = 1;

 following is the code snippet i am using for this
 ----
      req = ( xCreateWindowReq *)xRecIntdata->data;
      myfile <<":"<<req->x<<":"<<req->y<<":"<<req->width<<":"<<req->height;
  ----
 xRecIntdata is a struct of type XRecordInterceptData in XRecord Extension.
  Is there anything wrong with that or the way i have understood X..
  I would be greatfull if you could guide me out of this, or give me
  pointer to a relevant forum..where i can post this question.