Updates to GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri Mar 31 19:10:57 PST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:05:43PM -0800, James Jones wrote:
> LockDrawables would not always be a synchronous request.  It only
> needs to be synchronous if the composite manager is using direct
> rendering.  Note that the example I suggested accounted for this.
> Alternatively, LockDrawables could take a boolean argument making
> it optionally synchronous.

Please don't introduce "optionally synchronous" requests to the X
protocol. AFAIK none currently exist in any extension, and if you add
one it will make my head hurt. An explicit Sync, as you suggested
earlier, should be fine for this purpose.

(I think the proposed LockDrawable extension, separate from TFP, is a
fine plan, but I don't really understand those issues. I just wanted to
comment on "optionally synchronous"...)

--Jamey