XGL source code error in xorg/GL/glx/glxdri.c file

Colin Guthrie xorg at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 30 14:48:20 PST 2006

Ioannis Nousias wrote:
> hello everyone. I'm new to the list and I hope this is the right place
> to post this.
>
> as many others did :) I've also tried to compile the xgl-0-0-1 branch of
> xserver from source. I was successful eventually, but came across this
> error.
>
> glxdri.c: In function '__glXDRIdrawableCopySubBuffer':

You need to apply a patch to Mesa for this....

There is a bug on Novell's/SuSE's bugzilla but I forget the number....

Here is a link tho'. Download the ".bin" file. It's a patch you should
apply to Mesa (note it's the bottom link, not the top one....)

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-March/013960.html

Hope that helps... I still have futher issues (see other thread by me
from yesterday) but noone seems to be able to help so far....

PS I also see you are from Edinburgh.... Me too (despite the .ie
domain!!!) I used to have a ed.ac.uk address a few years ago!

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |