Nvidia Geforce 6600LE, MythTV stutters on S-Video

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Thu Mar 30 13:57:00 PST 2006

I am really looking for T.M. that I will then F.R. that would help me best
tweak my GeForce 6600LE to use two screens as seperate devices for Myth TV
(My VGA for regular server work, the S-Video out for MythTV. I pounded
through the Nvidia docs as well and the Gentoo NVidia how-to and manged to
get the drivers and kernal patch installed and made the two
devices/monitors/and screens.

What I was looking for is

1. MythTV playing live TV on the s-video screen (screen 1) is a tad jerky.
I suspect I am not optimizing something I should be, but none of the docs
that I have read go farther than getting it up and running. Anyone use
this card with Xorg and teh S-Video out want to share settings ideas?

2. I have not used he concept of multiple screen on the same card before
and most every example looks as simple as setting the display to
localhost:0.1 for the TV Out (as I defined it as screen 1) but when I try
to use the examples for little apps like xclock or xeyes I am told that
the display cannot be opened. But I ran

gnome-terminal -display :0 screen 1

and that works.. so once there I typed

set | more

and I see my DISPLAY is infact :0.1 just as all the examples say.

I figure I am close to done with my display setup if I can insure my card
options are correct for my eniornment and that I can consitantly direct
output the the screen of my choice, I'll be done. And I am more than happy
to dig through it myself but I have come to a stall in my listserv and
google searching, I need a nudge.

Thanks in advance for any guidence.

Nick

--