composite still redirect the overlay window?

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 30 11:47:16 PST 2006

I thought I fixed that bug. Please check compwindow.c:compCheckRedirect.
Does it have the following code?

Bool
compCheckRedirect (WindowPtr pWin)
{
    CompWindowPtr   cw = GetCompWindow (pWin);
    CompScreenPtr   cs = GetCompScreen(pWin->drawable.pScreen);
    Bool	    should;

    should = pWin->realized && (pWin->drawable.class != InputOnly) &&
	     (cw != NULL);

    /* Never redirect the overlay window */    <<<<<<<<<<<<<
    if (cs->pOverlayWin != NULL) {
	if (pWin == cs->pOverlayWin) {
	    should = FALSE;
	}
    }

If not then you don't have the latest version of the file. I did a
checkout of a fresh version of xserver and I have verified that
this fix did get integrated.

If you have this fix and the overlay window is still being redirected
I would like to know more about how you are determining this.  When I
run the attached test program (from Soeren) on my version with the
above fix I see the purple screen, which indicates that the overlay
window is not being redirected.