Mythtv playing way to fast using DRM VBlank ioctl

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Thu Mar 30 10:57:12 PST 2006

"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> On 30 Mar 2006 11:58:59 -0500, Greg Stark <gsstark at mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I'm still having trouble getting mythtv running displaying on my R350 Radeon.
> > I've defeated the bogus mergedfb dot clocks with an LD_PRELOAD hack but now I
> > have a new problem.
> >

> Once again if you are using mergedfb the drm vblank won't work for you
> on crtc2 since it only applies to the first crtc.  AFAIK, there's no
> drm support for vblank on crtc2.

Does it work even on crtc1? The problem seems to occur regardless of which
screen the window is on.

For that matter how would the DRM even know which crtc the query was for? It's
not like it gets a window id or anything like that with the ioctl.

It seems like it would be better to fail in some way, perhaps printk'ing a
message, than to silently return immediately if that's what it's doing.

--
greg