ATI Drivers report bogus dot_clock to xvidtune

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:11:35 PST 2006

"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> There are some major bugs in the dualhead handling in xorg 6.9/7.0.
> I'd strongly suggest cvs HEAD or the ati-1.0-branch. you can also grab
> binary snapshots for x86 here:
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

I did try a snapshot from there a few days ago but it crashed after about a
minute playing quake. Is there a particular snapshot that's considered stable?

Also, it's unclear to me whether I would want the radeon snapshot or the r300
snapshot. And also how to deal with setting up all my graphics cards. The
mach64 snapshot and radeon snapshot seemed to have incompatible drm modules
included and I would want both on my machine just as soon as bug #5443 is
fixed.

--
greg