ATI Drivers report bogus dot_clock to xvidtune

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:24:29 PST 2006

"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> see one of the xinerama/dualhead howtos:
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors

Never saw this before (not using gentoo it never occurred to me to check there
for X documentation). I never noticed the Screen entry before in xorg.conf(5)
thanks, that's what I was missing.

But I tried something like you suggested and after a few iterations* I got X
to start up correctly but there's no signal on the VGA output. I can move the
mouse off the edge of the LCD panel and it disappears off into the area where
the CRT should be, so X seems to think it set everything up correctly. But the
CRT displays its "No Signal" box.

[*] I can't figure out what controls which output is "Screen 0". It seems the
LCD panel is whichever screen is listed first in the ServerLayout whether
that's Screen 0 or Screen 1.

--
greg