Enabling dri on a radeon X300

David Gómez dabisu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:22:33 PST 2006

Hi all,

I just need some help with this, i don't know what i'm doing wrong.
I'm trying to enable dri on an ATI X300 which is based on the rv370
chip.

First of all, i don't see any messages when the radeon drm module in
kernel is loaded in dmesg, but only when the module is unloaded. Maybe
this is the problem or is just the normal behaviour not to be
verbose... Anyway, after starting X, i always see this message in the
logs:

(WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

I don't have the Mesa DRI drivers compiled, because i was said in this
list that they're not really necessary to enable DRI if you just want
2d.

thanks,

--

David Gómez