[patch] abstract socket support for xtrans

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Mar 19 08:19:24 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 09:53:05PM +0000, Bill Crawford wrote:
> I'd appreciate very much if one or two people could test this to make sure it
> compiles and runs on non-i386 linux; it's tested and working on i386 linux,
> both old and new clients <-> old and new server side, here.
>
> Also, if you know abstract sockets work on your non-linux platform, please
> feel free to add that info to xtrans/configure.ac

Could you please rework this patch such that it:
  * preferably causes a net reduction in LoC
  * changes the platform test into a feature test (e.g. attempts to
    create an abstract socket)
  * turns xtrans into a proper library. :)

Do that, and you're welcome to a CVS account, and your name up in lights
as the xtrans maintainer.

Cheers,
Daniel