Release process for Xorg 7.1

Philip Langdale plangdale at vmware.com
Sat Mar 18 14:37:06 PST 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:

> Drivers, video, clear and active maintainers: i128, i810, mga, nv, sis, sunffb
> (by proxy), trident, tseng, via, vmware

The 'vmware' driver has important changes on head to allow for arbitrary
mode switching. I don't expect any further changes before the release,
so releasing from HEAD will be fine (we could branch but the code would
be identical on both sides).

'vmmouse' is new and also stable on HEAD. As discussed when I checked
the code in, the only trick is making sure that distros know that the
new driver exists so that they include it. But that's what release notes
are for right? :-)

--phil