radeon driver: checkpoint

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Thu Mar 16 06:01:41 PST 2006

Alexander Rauth wrote:
> I just checked out ati-1-0-branch and gave it a try and it won't find
> out the modelines on my IBM Thinkpad R50p (ATI FireGL Mobility T2 (M10)
> NT (AGP)).....
>
> I'll append a old and a new Xorg.log
> If you need further information feel free to ask for it.
>

> (II) RADEON(0): Page flipping disabled
(side note your logs obviously use different configuration - not that it
matters in this case.)

> (II) RADEON(0): Will try to use DMA for Xv image transfers
> (WW) RADEON(0): [dri] limiting video memory to one aperture of
> -1216799862K
Both those xf86DrvMsg around there look a bit bogus to me...

> (WW) RADEON(0): [dri] use radeon.o kernel module version 1.23.0 for full
> memory mapping.
> (II) RADEON(0): Detected total video RAM=131072K, accessible=65536K (PCI
> BAR=131072K)
> (--) RADEON(0): Mapped VideoRAM: 65536 kByte (128 bit DDR SDRAM)
That's ok. I think the problem is that RADEONPreInitVRAM misses a return
value. I'm not sure what the results of that exactly are as it works for
me, but I'd guess it's undefined which might cause the server to abort,
in case the result is non-zero. (Wondering why I don't get any compiler
warning...)

> (**) RADEON(0): RADEONFreeScreen
Which is exatly what's happening here.

Some other unrelated remark, I think that the ChipFamily detect for
setting HDP_APER_CNTL is wrong, it should probably include at least
CHIP_FAMILY_RV410 too (which is newer than either R420 and RV380). Not
sure about igps (rs400 is definitely a lot newer), maybe it doesn't
matter for them.

Roland