Xorg specs

Wed Mar 15 14:51:06 PST 2006

[Adding xorg list to discussion started on the xcb list, since it's more of an
X.Org thing.]

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>

>>Postscript versions.    (X.Org has had an interest in getting these converted
>>to something modern & open, such as DocBook XML, for a while, but no one has
>>volunteered yet to do the conversion work and the tedious job of checking
>>the results are correct.)
>

> I am curious: Is there any monetary value in doing this? (Would anyone
> purchase printed book versions of this to financially offset the time
> involved?)

Digital Press printed book versions of all the standard specs up through
X11R6.1 - I've got a copy of the 3 volume set that appears to have been printed
in 1997 - you can see them for instance at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1555581544/qid=1142462841/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-2967257-1160651?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1555581463/qid=1142462841/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-2967257-1160651?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Given that they did that in the existing formats, I'm not sure converting
to DocBook/XML would help much there.   (It would be much more useful in
making some sort of easily searchable cross-referenced web site or CD, than
a book I'd think.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com