Merging aiglx

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Mar 15 09:36:51 PST 2006

David Reveman wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 14:32 -0500, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's been a couple of weeks since I posted my aiglx patch and there
>> hasn't been a lot of feedback, so I'm going to go ahead and assume
>> everybody is happy with the approach.  In the meantime, we've fixed a
>> number of crashers, added better logging and added hooks to allow the
>> GLXprovider to implement the GLX_EXT_tfp extension.
>>
>> Unless there are any objections to this, I'll merge the aiglx branch to
>> head this friday (yay, one less branch to keep in sync with mesa).
>

> OK, I updated the xgl branch earlier today. Seams to be working alright but I
> haven't done much testing yet.
>
> I had to change a few things to make it work with Xgl. I've attached the
> current diff between the xgl and aiglx branches and you can find a few
> short comments to this diff below.

Thanks, I've merged the first batch of changes, I'm going through the
rest of the patch now.  Once I get that committed, are you planning to
merge Xgl to head?

On a related note, I saw this commit:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/xorg/GL/mesa/X/xf86glx.c?r1=1.5.8.5&r2=1.5.8.6

and I don't understand why you need the GlxFlushContextCache() calls.
In the loseCurrent case, StopUsingContext(prevglxc) is called later in
DoMakeCurrent which clear the context cache.  In the destroy context
case, ctx->destroy() is only called from __glXFreeContext() (except for
DoCreateContext) where the context cache is also cleared.

cheers,
Kristian