XGL/Compiz: Hack against compiz to suppress pixmap corruption and improve performance

Francesco Biscani biscani at pd.astro.it
Mon Mar 13 09:10:57 PST 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 16:24, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> As there is no feedback, I assume that David's fixes *do* indeed fix
> these issues.
>
> Matthias

Eh, sorry about that, I managed to get everything recompiled just
yesterday :-/

Anyway, as of yesterday David's fixes do not improve the situation in my case.
And your patch Matthias does not fix things either, there are still major
corruptions in the windows. The patch which achieves the best results is
still the (slightly modified) one from Erik.

Also today I noticed that with certain windows there are corruptions also with
the patch applied. Strangely enough, the corruptions appear when there are 2
xterms open, while with other apps (e.g., multiple firefox windows) there are
no artifacts. Strange...

Let me know if I can provide more info (screenshots?). I'm always here to
test, even if sometime it takes me a little time to do it ;)

Regards,

  Francesco

--
Dr. Francesco Biscani