radeon pci ids in driver/xserver...

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Mar 12 17:31:45 PST 2006

> I think maybe dri should use some sort of list from the drm (just
> include at source level), though the current format of this list doesn't
> quite look useful for that (and changing it might not be an option as
> it's used by all drivers). Or ddx should just export an (exact!) family
> id instead of the actual pci id (such a change would definitely kill
> compatibility between old/new ddx/dri drivers though). Some more places
> should die when the ati wrapper driver gets killed, and the list in
> radeon_probe.c could be built automatically from the one in
> radeon_chipset.h easily. That should bring the amount of id lists down
> to a reasonable amount...

The whole DDX/DRM/DRI interaction could use a freshening in fact :) But
that's something I don't want to bother too much about before we have
recovered some stability out of radeon and I'm happy enough with the
1-0-0 branch to do a release. Right now, I still need to figure out some
known regressions with MergedFB and Xinerama.

Oh btw, you are the MergedFB guy no ? If yes, can you just have a look
at bug #4100 and tell me what you think ? Some co-workers of mine have
been hitting the crappy DPI problem with MergedFB/RandR here too and
it's quite a pain in the ass...

Cheers,
Ben.