Braille keysyms ?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Mar 11 16:36:25 PST 2006

Hi,

Daniel Stone, le Sat 11 Mar 2006 14:13:53 +0200, a écrit :
> > However, there is currently no braille keysyms yet. This would
> > be useful for being able to express braille combinations typing
> > (unicode already has the \U2800 range for coding them). Since there
> > are 256 braille combinations, 256 keysyms would be needed.
>
> You can already use Unicode symbols as keysyms -- just use 0x10028xx.

Mmm, that said, this is not really handy. For now, we use the XTest
extension for emulating key presses. For emulating braille keysyms, we
would hence need 256 keycodes to be associated with the braille keysyms;
this can't work.

Another possibility would be to define some dead XK_dead_braille_dot1..8
keysyms and a XK_braille_empty keysym for finishing the braille
combination.

Maybe XIM could be yet another alternative? (I don't know much about
that)

Regards,
Samuel