Disabling drag events?

Kit Peters popefelix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 06:51:35 PST 2006

I'll answer both suggestions here.

Rasterman suggests: "if it is just your APPLICATION that needs to not have
motion events... then why don't u simply disable it listening to mouse
motion events?"

Our application's UI runs on top of Firefox - it's a series of HTML pages
served from a local web server.  Many of our "buttons" are text in HTML
tables, and so any "drag event" will highlight the text, rather than
"pressing" the button.  Also, for some reason, if a user rolls their finger
from side to side while pressing a button, it throws the calibration of the
touchscreen all out of whack.

I think I've also answered Owen Taylor's question regarding the dangers of
"click-n-drag" here.