Disabling drag events?

Kit Peters popefelix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 07:11:46 PST 2006

I've got several touchscreens at my work for which I need to disable drag
events.  This would not be such a big deal except that the input driver is
proprietary - TouchWare from 3M (
http://www.3m.com/3MTouchSystems/downloads/Linux_drivers.jhtml) on a
MicroTouch II USB device.  The driver doesn't recognize any option to
disable drag events, and it's making our application that runs on these
touchscreens unusable.  So my boss had the bright idea that maybe we could
disable drag events altogether in X, and just distribute our modified,
dragless version of X with our application.  Before I bury myself in the
latest Xorg source, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where
to look?

I'm open to the possibility of moving away from the TouchWare drivers as
well, provided some manner of calibration utility exists for that driver.
I've tried Kenan Esau's evtouch driver, but unfortunately his calibration
utility doesn't work, and I'm not familiar enough with the hardware to fix
it.

Kit Peters