Xv on quad head card

Fri Mar 10 02:52:46 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 16:58 +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:49:56PM +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:

> It's possible in general to run more than one Xv app, however most cards
> only have one (rather inflexible) video overlay, so this is a hardware
> limitation you're seeing.

OK after doing some more testing, i got my own SDL application working
on my FireMV 2400 in Xinerama mode. The problem was caused by several
things, of course one was a programming error by me :-) But a second is
a more general problem of SDL. To create a new overlay the old one has
to be freed (else you end up with a memory leak), the freeing also
closes the Xv "connection". My programming error was to free/create a
overlay for every frame, now i only do that when the frame size changes.
But there still is a strange problem, on every Xv connection close the
overlay on screen 1 or 2 will turn blue (the overlay color key) but it
seems that on screen 3 or 4 the picture that was last send stays ? Can
that be that there is a difference in behavior for the first M9 (that
the BIOS also  uses) and the second M9 ?

- Erwin