firefox slowness with xorg 6.9.0

Diego Calleja diegocalleja at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 15:42:39 PST 2006

El Wed, 8 Mar 2006 01:25:16 +0200 (EET),
Tommi Sakari Uimonen <tuimonen at cc.hut.fi> escribió:

> After upgrading the gentoo box to firefox 1.5 (boy that really took some
> time to compile) the slowness came along. So it's firefox 1.5 rendering
> that is slow. I also downgraded the debian system to ff 1.0.7 and it
> became fast. Before downgrading I tried the EXA acceleration, but it
> didn't help. GTK+ version is 2.8.13

I'm hitting some slowness, but in my case it happened after trying
CVS X.org (I wanted to try Benh's patch because it fixed my crashes
radeon 9200 se card, pentium 3 machine) so in my case it's the patch
who it seems to make it happen, but I don't know if this is related
with this bug or not (I'm using exa aswell, and firefox 1.5 isn't
supposed to use cairo - at least for gecko, GTK version is 2.8.12)