firefox slowness with xorg 6.9.0

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Mar 7 08:14:21 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 05:56:28PM +0200, Tommi Sakari Uimonen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Executive summary:
> firefox rendering slow with xorg 6.9.0, fast with 6.8.x.
> Has anyone experienced this?

I have similar feeling on two different machines (P4 32bit and an AMD64
64bit) with up-to-date Ubuntu dapper unstable (xorg 7.0.0). It seems to be
much slower than X server in last stable Ubuntu (xorg 6.8.2 if I remember
correctly by heart), especially when there is fast desktop switch.

I'm far from being Xorg internal expert, but can it be the problem of EXA
wich was described on this mailing list a few times? Errr, I'm using
binary-only drivers from Nvidia, I don't know they provide this kind of
accel. infrastructure at all, or using something else?

--
- Gábor