Moving xlibs modules to xorg

David S. Miller davem at davemloft.net
Sun Mar 5 13:31:10 PST 2006

I can't believe how much uncalled for backlash Keith has received by
moving some things over to git.

Is resistence to change so strongly built into everyone's chromosomes?

You'll have to learn something new.

You'll have to do some things differently.

Some things might be frustrating as you learn the new concepts
surrounding how to use this new revision control system.

A lot of people talked about improving the X11 source management
situation, but Keith is the only one who bothered to do a real
investigation (with face to face discussions with the actual authors
and users of GIT, I know I was there) and then implement something.
Keith acted, whilst everyone did nothing but talk about making things
better.

Everyone needs to get over this trigger happy negative response people
seem to love having over this.