[CALL FOR PARTICIPATION] Linuxtag 2006

Egbert Eich eich at freedesktop.org
Fri Mar 3 00:53:02 PST 2006

       X.Org @ LinuxTag2006 in Wiesbaden, Germany

Today I received confirmation for my application for
both space on LinuxTag 2006 held
     on May 3. - 6. 2006
     in Wiesbaden, Germany.
I would like to invite contributors to our project -
especially people of our developers community to join me
and present their latest work to a larger audience.

LinuxTag
--------

  	   http://www.linuxtag.org

LinuxTag is the biggest Linux community show and event that
has existed for ten years now. It features a tradeshow with
exhibits from open source projects and commercial vendors
as well as a conference. It targets developers, business
customers and end users.
For open source projects booth space is free.
X.Org had been present on this event the past years.

Show
----
People have asked me to present some of the exciting new
features of X. I'm happy to do this - however I would like
this to become a community activety.
Therefore this year I would like to invite people who are
interested to show new technologies in and around the
X Window System that have been developed recently as well
as previews of ongoing development and features that are
to be expected soon.

Now I'm looking for:
- X Window System development projects who
  would like to present their work on the show.
- volunteers who would like to help out on the booth and
  answer visitors' questions.
Please respond here if you would like to volunteer.
We've got a limited budget for booth equipment like
posters and brochures if you would like to inform people
about your project.

Developers Conference
---------------------
Last year we held the first European X Developers Conference
on site just prior to the LinuxTag2005 show.
This year we already had a European developers conference
at FOSDEM and other events have indicated to be interested
in providing meeting facilities to the X community.
Stll should there be interest in a conference held around
LinuxTag I would volunteer to try organizing one again. Please
post here if you feel that we should have another one on
LinuxTag2006.

Cheers,
	Egbert.