Hard Lock on startup w/ cvs xorg-server

Ricky Rivera ricky.rivera at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 23:01:39 PST 2006

Hi,

In an attempt to test out AIGLX, I upgraded to Mesa and xorg-server from
cvs.  Unfortunately, attempting to start X using the xorg-server built from
cvs results in a hard lock of my computer.  Mesa does not seem to be the
problem, because if I downgrade back 1.0., leaving everything else the same,
I have no problems.  Over the course of playing with a few patches and such,
I did at one point manage to get it where it doesn't hard lock the whole
computer, just consumes 100% of the cpu and never finishes starting.  When
that happened, I was at least able to ssh in and see, but I couldn't find
any incantations to kill X besides 'reboot.'  It did, at least, leave a full
log behind (the others get cut off).

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit.  I've tried just about everything I can think
of, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  Xorg log and conf
below (I'm starting with the "Single" layout).

http://s88382932.onlinehome.us/files/Xorg.0.log-aiglx
http://s88382932.onlinehome.us/files/xorg.conf

Thanks,
Ricky

P.S.  I'm using Gentoo, if that matters, with an xorg-server ebuild of my
own crafting.