Touchscreen driver

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at aehallh.com
Thu Mar 2 10:41:23 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:51:55AM +0100, René Rebe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what is the recomended touchscreen driver for screens that connect via
> USB and their events are available on Linux thru the usb touchscreen driver
> and the /dev/input/event* interface?
>
> I tried out evtouch. But it's calibration is arcane (at best) and the button
> events generated are a bit fuzzy (multiple clicks for one press on a screen
> and the like).
>
> I wonder whether that is the only driver and I'm forced to rewrite it's
> calibration and button state-machine code or if there is a more polished
> alternative already.

As ajax mentioned, the preferred solution is hopefully going to be the
evdev driver.

I should note that at the moment the support is exceedingly minimal, and
that some time here we need to figure out a better way to indicate the
various tools.

(I am oh so _not_ convinced of the insanity used by the other drivers
that support multiple tools, but I will admit that the applications
currently expect that behavior.  And the current method of using the raw
button numbers gives us button numbers up past 64, so it's probably not
a solution either.)

Thanks to Alex Deucher I should have a tablet by the end of the week,
not supporting all the odd whiz-bang tools, but enough that I should be
able to get the driver a whole lot closer to where it needs to be.

Oh, and you'll want to look at the CVS version of the driver, I need to
do a release once I've made sure that there are no more surprises.

--
	  1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp at aehallh.com>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801