Xorg 6.9.0 freezes on AMD64 system with nvidia 6200 GPU

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 2 07:49:55 PST 2006

Its not clear what part of the system is hanging or looping.

If you kill the offending apps, does the same invocation of Xorg server
resume operations?
When the screen locks, can you still get movement of the mouse cursor on
screen, and if so,
does it change its glyph as it crosses window boundaries?

re furthur debugging with abracadabra (ha!) I'm not familiar with the
debugging tools in your environment.
The system is built with gcc tools, do "man gdb" to find the syntax to
grab a running process,
Its something like:

$ ps -ef |grep Xorg
$su root
# gdb /usr/X11/bin/Xorg  <pid>
 >  "dumpstack"
 > continue
 (this must be done from the ssh or telnet session)