Xgl and direct rendering

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Mar 2 03:29:36 PST 2006

On Mar 01, 06 20:41:29 +0100, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > On Feb 28, 06 19:51:14 +0100, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> >> no matter... it explains why my video is unusable doesnt it?
> > No, it *should* default to software color conversion. Though
> > this code is not optimized at all, so it very much depends what you
> > consider unusable.
> >
> hehe, as in 1 frame  every 2 seconds in fullscreen... :/

Ok, then it's unusable as in "too slow" and not in "not working". Phew,
now I'm releaved.

The code used for that is completely unoptimized, and color conversion
and scaling should be done in Xgl, not glitz. This is something still to
be implemented. I wanted to do that for a long time, but I got
sidetracked, and still am.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __