Mass git migration

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jun 29 16:04:00 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 09:53 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:

> I tried to convert xf86-video-mga last week, but ran into problems with
> parsecvs.  It appeared to work correctly, but git-checkout only got 12
> of the original 49 files that were in CVS.  Can you verify that parsecvs
> is working correctly?

I think that's just a symptom of what the git directory looks like after
the conversion is complete. You should be able to recover the complete
directory with:

$ git-reset --hard master

Fixing parsecvs to get the index into reasonable shape after the tree is
imported shouldn't be that hard, but this should work around the
problems.

> I'd hate to see everything moved to git, but have all the repositories
> by completely broken.  Perhaps before moving everything to kemper a full
> build should be done?

Yes, of course, we should make sure things make the transition without
incident. Can you verify that the above command fixes your environment?

keith.packard at intel.com