[...] __/__ WAS: Re: Re: AW: Improving Xorg

martinb at es-ist-liebe.de martinb at es-ist-liebe.de
Thu Jun 29 14:43:50 PDT 2006

Do I have some sticker stating "I am stuuuupid" on my shirt?
Seems so.

Are my sentences too long and therefore difficult to understand?

> Martin Bochnig wrote:
> > Here is another one - again, for your special attention:
> > http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=10443&tstart=0
> > Doesn't that have to do with development???
>
> xwin-discuss at opensolaris.org is not linked to xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
> in any way.

Really?
Wow.
I'm disappointed, you wrote me such a trivial "hint".

I therefore posted a copy to the Xorg-ML back then:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-June/016304.html

I did the same with XFree86 - no reaction either:
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel%40xfree86.org/msg07818.html

All that happened some days ago, on 20060625.

> Very few people are subscribed to both, so most people on
> the xorg list have no idea what you've posted to xwin-discuss or what
> you've been doing before you started posting to the xorg list this week.

Where and what I did start with, was above link, yet another time:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-June/016304.html
on Martin Bochnig mb1x at gmx.com
Sun Jun 25 18:09:40 PDT 2006.

> > I've invested THOUSANDS of $$$ into marTux (and
> Xorg's) hardware testing  matrix, despite the fact that I don't have money for
> the most important things (like insurances).
>
> How would anyone but you know this?

By reading the Xorg ML?
Again,
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-June/016304.html

And I repeated those technical aspects on the same Xorg ML today, just in case somebody has overlooked it last Monday.

>  And what does that have to do
> with the previous conversations?

> What it has to do with the previous conversation???
--->>
Alan Cox called me someone, not being "seriously involved into the Xorg project".
He did a mistake that early.
I wanted to let people know, what I'm exactly working on.
I therefore sent links.
Shall I reference them?

> Just because you or I or daniel
> or anyone else here does work that benefits Xorg doesn't mean everything
> we have to say on any topic is automatically relevant to the Xorg mailing
> list.

I was new to the list and wanted readers to know, what I'm specialized in, what I'm working on.
Wrong?

######################
######################
##
##   --->>  apSolaris.shar is part of Xorg  <<--- :

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/xorg/hw/xfree86/os-support/solaris/apSolaris.shar?view=log

##    - and completely out of date
##    + I submitted my amd64 and sun4v patch

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~mbeinsx/aperture_amd64_sun4v/apSolaris.shar__amd64_sun4v.diff
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~mbeinsx/aperture_amd64_sun4v/apSolaris.shar

##    + I thought, someone might be interested in,
##      if whoever submits a patch to improve Xorg (not a part of Solaris)
##    - never any reaction on apSolaris.shar
######################
######################

> Daniel did not say you were irrelevant or that you were not contributing
> in some way, but that many of your posts were about topics not relevant
> to Xorg.

Didn't I apologize for the MS-DOS crap one full day ago?!
Further, I not only didn't initiate that unglorious MScoders_Magazine "thread", but I was also telling that initial OP, that he was completely wrong place / wrong audience here.
Some people even flamed me for that, afterwards: "Do not be impolite to that poor MScoder guy. He may have a bad impression of Xorg now." Something like that.
Others seem to flame me because they apparently think, I myself had been that troll starting the MScoders thing.

> --
> 	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com
> 	 Sun Microsystems, Inc. - X Window System Engineering

Seems, nobody has - or takes - the time, to properly read the e-mails he gets, at least not down to the bottom.

Martin Bochnig
p.s.: Sorry you got many e-mails twice.
But I never knew, if they would ever reach the ML, and I therefore decided to CC them to you, what I not do otherwise.

m.bochnig