r300 DRI locks up...

Hamish hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Thu Jun 29 10:04:53 PDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 00:22, you wrote:
> > I have a dual screen radeon M10, head 1 (DVI) on a Phillips 200W. Heade 2
> > on a small noname 1014x768 analog LCD.
> >
> > Running without DRI it all works, except with Google Earth... For that I
> > need hardware acceleration.
> >
> > So I enable DRI. Make sure drm & radeon modules are loaded, and start X.
> > At which point I kiss goodbye my machine as it's power off time (No
> > keyboard & dark screen). Reset button is no good, it needs a poweroff...
> > (The PC is still running of course, I can ssh into it no problem).
> >
> > I'm not sure it's the same as other radeon problems posted... It's a
> > single card, and it locks up before starting properly... One thing I
> > notice is that the AGP base is off by 5 bytes difference, and a few
> > memory regions are different with no DRI...  Not sure if that's
> > significant...
> >
> > Hopefully someone can tell me what it's doing wrong...
> >
> > I'll attach the xorg.conf, ^ the logs from hanging & non-hanging
> > sessions. The only difference with the config is commenting out the DRI
>
> Can you try with the latest CVS ATI driver?
>
> Dave.

Done. Same result... Two logs attached. The only diffs are the loading of DRI,
and where it seems to get the max PLL printed as a horrendous long number
instead of about 40000 that it gets without DRI...

Oh... Did I mention that the keyboard locks up too... No lights & toggling
numlock/capslock results in nothing changing there either.

I also tried a script in the background just before kicking off the xserver.
sleep for 300 secs & reboot... Funny thing is that the graphics card
re-initialised this time, wheras even with reset button before it wouldn't.
(I also did a software reboot previously with the older driver & it still
needed poweroff, so at least something is changed :)

Hamish.