AW: Improving Xorg

Thu Jun 29 07:56:17 PDT 2006

Dave Airlie wrote:
> You could perhaps fix X.org to build on solaris sparc, I don't think
> anyone else here had tried to do this yet,

I made sure it built on Solaris SPARC for 7.0, but didn't have time
around the 7.1 release to do the same, and only kept up on Solaris x86.
As Sun adopts more and more of the modular release to build the packages
used in future versions of Solaris, we'll be doing a better job of making
sure it all builds on both Solaris SPARC & x86.

(Running the Xorg server is a whole other matter, but that didn't work
  much better for 6.9 on Solaris SPARC either.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com