FireMV 2400 not working with Xorg 7.1 anymore

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Jun 29 04:30:21 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 23:17 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 12:58 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> > Erwin Rol wrote:
> >
> > > An interesting observation was that when i ran Xorg 7.0, updated to Xorg
> > > 7.1 and ran Xorg 7.1 it did work. It seems xorg 7.0 did initialize the
> > > card in such a way that Xorg 7.1 could also use it. So i am wondering
> > > where i should look for the difference between Xorg 7.0 and 7.1, if
> > > someone could at least give me some hints or directions of things that
> > > changed from 7.0 to 7.1 that could have to do with this problem i would
> > > be very thankful.
> >
> > There have been a lot of changes to the memory setup and some other
> > aspects of the Radeon driver.  I guess it's possible that somebody goofed.
>
> Yes trying to figure out from the diff what could be the cause is rather
> hard, i was hoping on some hints from the authors of the driver.

To me, this problem sounds more likely related to PCI/ROM changes in the
xserver tree though, as the secondary M9 quite clearly doesn't get
POSTed at all, which the X server does more or less independently from
the driver.

I suggest doing a git bisect on the server-1_1-branch, starting at least
before the fix for bug #6751 to verify it's indeed related to this.