Where to get makedepend

Martin Bochnig mb1x at gmx.com
Thu Jun 29 02:29:09 PDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Linus Gisselson wrote:

> I have found out that I don't have makedepend on my computer and I need it for Mesa3D. Can I get it without reinstalling xorg?

It should be built very early at the beginning, so what about downloading the complete src and initiating a complete build, but then cancelling that
thing, as soon as makedepend is built?
Take the 6.9.0 tarball.

It might otherwise have been useful to learn, for wich platform you need it.
Maybe there are binary packages out, wich include makedepend?!
Google is your friend.

You can probably also use XFree86's makedepend, though I'm not sure.

Xorg is just a lateral shoot from the original XFree86.

(Xorg fanatics might kill me now.)

Martin