ButtonMapping and xorg.conf

John-Scott Atlakson john.scott.atlakson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:00:05 PDT 2006

Thanks very much for the tips from all who responded. I feel a bit
sheepish as it's now clear to me that this list is intended for
developers and not end-users. Sorry about that, this was the only list I
could find where I figured I could get the definitive word on xorg.conf
tuning. Hopefully I can get my head wrapped around all of this and maybe
contribute some documentation for end users. I've been surprised how
common it for us 'average' users to have to wrestle with xorg.conf and
other utils (xmodmap, imwheel) without much in the way of clear
documentation, just contradictory suggestions on distro forums (use
imwheel, don't use imwheel, etc.). Like I said, hopefully when I get a
grip I can contribute something to help others. Thanks for your help and
your contributions to OSS!

Cheers,
John-Scott Atlakson