mx400

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Jun 26 05:53:05 PDT 2006

On Jun 25, 06 07:58:07 -0500, ajtiM wrote:
> > > I have Logitech MX400 mouse
> > > (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/EEUR/EN,CRID=2142,CON
> > >TENTID=11551).
> > >
> > > I have in xorg.conf:
> > >
> > > Section "InputDevice"
> > >  Identifier    "Mouse[1]"
> > >  Driver        "mouse"
> > >  Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
> > >  Option        "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
> > >  Option        "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
> > >  Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> > >  Option        "Buttons" "5"
> > > EndSection
> > >
> > > Wheel works but two thumbs bottons don't. Wheel also has not a function
> > > to "lock" wheel.

I assume that the mouse outputs physical button events 6 and higher for
the thumb buttons. The PS/2 protocol is not able to report more than 5
buttons.  In order to get this work, you will have to plug in the mouse
as an USB device, and use the evdev mouse driver. I, personally, have no
clue about the evdev driver, sorry.

I don't have the slightest idea what you mean with the 'function to lock
wheel'...

> > > Is it possible to setup mouse that will works same as under Windows,
> > > please?

How should we know how this mouse behaves under Windows?

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de